Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 30 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
As a member of the Computronix development team, you will work in a highly dynamic, energetic, fast changing and fluid work environment. You will contribute technical expertise to design, develop, implement or support Computronix software solutions.
We focus on database management built on an Oracle platform and are looking for full-time developers that want to innovate, collaborate, learn, develop, and find solutions to varying programming challenges.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team of developers in a dynamic environment.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to develop, test, and debug customized software for specific applications, using modern technologies such as .Net, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, and/or Python
- Ability to design (preferred), code, test, and debug programs, with minimal support from more senior IT staff
- Familiarity with relational database design, normalization, database links, stored procedures, triggers, views, queries, joins, etc.
- Database management experience (Oracle 10g and up), with respect to tuning, performance monitoring, implementation capacity planning, space management and reorganization, backup and recovery, and quality assurance is an asset but not required.
- Ability to develop solutions from detailed business and technical specifications
- A desire for continuous improvement and ongoing growth
- A commitment to be respectful of peers, team members, and clients; willingness to trust others and be trustworthy, and a keen desire to serve coworkers and clients
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in Canada
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience and training plus 1 to 2 years’ software programming experience, preferably with some experience in a software consulting company.
Candidates must be willing to work in our Edmonton office
We offer in return:
- A competitive pay scale supplemented by a well-defined project bonus structure.
- A generous health and dental benefits package
- A challenging, fulfilling career with co-workers who interact within the framework of Respect, Trust and Serve
- Career development and Leadership development programs and opportunities