Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 30 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
As a member of the Computronix implementation team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment. You will contribute technical expertise to design projects and lead a team of software developers in support of Computronix software solutions. This position is integral to the success of our client projects through effective design, leadership, and communication.
- Engage with various business and technical client stakeholders to drive implementation and solution
- Primary contact with clients on technical questions, concerns and issues
- Works on a project leadership team with project managers, business analysts and account managers.
- Acts as the primary technical owner on many projects. Owns the solution from a leadership perspective and ensures consistency and adherence to standards.
- Serves as a mentor and technical leader for the development team through the design, development and implementation of software solutions
- Create and delegate detailed tasks with estimates and provide developers with clear context and direction
- Communicates estimates and actuals with key internal project leaders
- Monitors and ensures a quality solution is built and delivered to the client
- Serves as the escalation point for the team and resolves escalated issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- Breadth of knowledge and experience in a wide variety of technologies and software solutions
- Possess a consultant mindset to help our clients solve business challenges through a clear understanding of constraints, budget, and need.
- Has the technical knowledge to do performance analysis, answer software-specific installation questions, and ensures appropriate database backup procedures are in place
- Understands how daily tasks fit in the scope of large projects – able to apply long-term targets to short-term tasks
- Ability to effectively lead meetings with clear objectives and follow-up actions
- Proven demonstrable skill in leading and making decisions and instilling confidence in team and clients
- Ability to perform full cycle software development including design, code, test, and debug of complex software programs
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts and terminology to non-technical business users
- Ability to collaborate to create innovative solutions for difficult problems
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Leadership qualities: Integrity, respect, trust, service, attention to detail, timeline sensitivity, goal-oriented, motivator, technical/analytical
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience and training
- Minimum of 8+ years of software development experience, preferably with experience in a software consulting company
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a team of software developers
- Travel: up to 20% to 25%
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge and successful experience developing customized software for specific applications using web technologies, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, and relational databases or a combination of the above
- Familiarity with reporting tools and GIS experience would be helpful
- Experience with Windows OS and Windows Server OS. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio) will be helpful
We offer in return:
A competitive pay scale supplemented by a well-defined project bonus structure.
A generous medical, dental, and vision benefits plan along with retirement plans
A challenging, fulfilling career with co-workers who interact within the framework of Respect, Trust and Serve Flexible Work Schedule