Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 30 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
At Computronix, our Infrastructure Specialist is a member of a team that oversees and supports over 500 servers (>95% virtualized), SANs, network devices (firewalls, routers, switches, VOIP systems) in five data centers, two offices, and public cloud. The Infrastructure Specialist will provide troubleshooting and optimization for technical problems and will develop and implement technical solutions. As an escalation point on Desktop Support Services, this person will assist in troubleshooting complex desktop issues and automating provisioning tasks.
- Support and maintain physical and virtual servers, SAN’s, VOIP systems, videoconferencing infrastructure, and network devices.
- Research and inventory required hardware and software.
- Implement, configure, and maintain computer hardware, operating systems, software, and networks.
- Understand license agreements, track software licensing, and ensure compliance.
- Maintain a secure environment to protect client data and intellectual property.
- Apply patches, hotfixes, firmware updates, and perform effective virus and malware scanning.
- Manage equipment effectively to provide optimal availability, performance, stability, and integrity.
- Conduct outages and perform necessary maintenance while minimizing the impact to our users and clients.
- Ensure successful implementation, testing and improvement of business continuity procedures.
- Track and maintain appropriate vendor warranties for hardware.
- Develop and maintain documentation for planning, designs, tracking, standards, procedures, estimates, etc.
- Develop processes, procedures and/or scripts to reduce effort and improve quality.
- Implement, configure, and maintain secure backup solutions.
- Function as an escalation point on Desktop Support Services to assist in troubleshooting complex desktop issues and automating provisioning tasks in providing support to our user community.
- Follow standards and procedures and adhere to corporate ethics and values.
- Provide training and knowledge transfers when necessary.
- Request feedback and apply input to improve quality of service.
- Establish a good working relationship with clients and coworkers.
- Participate as a team member providing input and assistance on projects and tasks.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, operating systems, and networks.
- Identify, analyze, research and resolve issues, test and implement solutions.
- Document problems and resolutions.
- Communicate technical solutions and implementation processes.
- Track down and resolve performance problems.
- Implement proactive steps to prevent issues.
- Monitor hardware and networks to identify potential issues.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2012R2 and/or Windows Server 2016.
- In-depth knowledge and experience managing Windows 10.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with virtualization technology - Microsoft Hyper-V is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Technical knowledge and experience with Linux or equivalent, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, and databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, or Oracle is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and problem solve an issue and follow it to resolution.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel.
- Must work well in a remote team setting.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years collective experience in system administration and desktop support in the following:
- Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016
- Active directory, file and printer services, DNS, DHCP
- VPN technologies – Windows, Router/Firewall
- Virtualization technology – Microsoft Hyper-V preferred
- Switches, routers, and firewalls
- Desktop support including Windows 10
- Cloud computing environment
- MCSE certification is desired
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree is highly preferred.